Rare Opportunity to Refine Your Game
*This is a previous Camp. Follow our social media @accelerationaustralia for updates of when this Camp is next on.*
Basketball requires an incredible amount of skill.
It takes a lot of passion and practice to continually succeed in this very competitive sport.
When it comes to building your skills, you need to know exactly what to do, how to do it and what you might be doing wrong.
Don’t waste another minute.
Go straight to the professionals who have played and coached this sport for decades.
Joey Wright (Head Coach of 500 NBL games) and Byron Williams (Past NBL High Performance Manager) have dreamed up the very BEST Basketball Skills camp they can offer.
You will learn SO much from these exceptional coaches.
Limited to only 2 days with room for only 40 participants.
We cannot tell you how excited we are to run this Camp for the first time EVER!
2 x 3 Hour Skills Camps with Personalised Feedback
Day 1 –
Part 1 -With Coach Wright
- Buzzer Beaters – Creating your own shot when needed at the end of the shot clock or end of game.
- Clutch Shooter – Learn how to draw fouls and hit free throws especially when the pressure to win the game is on!
- Big Fundamental – Become known as the ‘Big Fundamental’ with superior footwork on the perimeter and in the key way.
Part 2 – With Coach Williams
- Do You Run Funny? – come up with your own warm-up that helps you run better.
- Break Ankles – with rarely seen lateral quickness & ankle stability drills.
- Move Like a Cat – develop your own go-to flexibility routine to help you move smoothly across the court.
Day 2 –
Part 1 – With Coach Wright
- Triple Double Machine – Learn how to set up and create shots for others and execute passes to make it easier to score.
- The Need for Speed – Learn how to move faster with the ball and change pace to drive your defender crazy.
- Lockdown – Learn tips and tricks at the defensive end that will ensure you can have impact on that end of the court regardless of your size.
Part 2 – With Coach Williams
- Move Faster – Foot speed drills that have proven to help improve your first step explosiveness within days.
- Jump Higher – incorporate these world class jump techniques. Jump higher immediately!
- Get Stronger – learn how to use your take home 8 week strength program and reap the benefits of being one of the strongest players on the court.
40 Places Available September 27 & 28, 2021
2 x 3 hr Basketball Skills Camp for Representative Players
Dates: September 27 and 28th, 2021
Times: 8:45 to 11:45 am – Boys (2008-2009) and Girls (2002-2009)
– OR – 12:15 -3:15 pm – Boys (2002-2007)
Location: F Block, Brisbane State High School. Cnr Vulture Street and Edmonstone Rd.
Cost: $130 OR $65 each session
What to Bring: Basketball, Towel, 2 x Water bottles, Dark/Light Reversible Singlet
What level of players should attend?
Athletes who have played representative basketball in the past.
When you enrol, you will be asked to list the associations and number of years of representative basketball played.
This will allow us to be prepared for you PRIOR to the camp.
What you can expect from this camp?
- Evaluation of the skills covered during this camp
- An action plan on how to improve those skills
- Online 8 week training program to follow post camp.